We are seeking a skilled Accounting Clerk to join our finance team. The ideal candidate will have experience in general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and financial reporting. The Accounting Clerk will assist the CFO and the rest of the accounting team with month-end close, account reconciliations, and audit preparation. The candidate should possess strong analytical skills, be detail-oriented, and be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Salary$18.00 to $20.00
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and record journal entries for monthly financial close
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and resolve discrepancies
- Maintain accounts payable and accounts receivable subledgers
- Process vendor invoices and employee expense reports
- Manage intercompany transactions and reconciliations
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements and reports
- Support the annual audit process by providing documentation and answering inquiries
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and recommend solutions
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of experience in general accounting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with ERP systems and general ledger software (e.g. QuickBooks, NetSuite, SAP) preferred
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus
Education and Experience
- Office Environment at single manufacturing facility.
- Required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms
- Able to lift, push and/or pull up to 25 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities.