As a Controller at Custom Veterinary Services, you will play a vital role in overseeing the financial management and accounting functions of our contract manufacturing operations. You will be responsible for maintaining accurate financial records, ensuring compliance with regulatory standards, and providing strategic financial guidance to support the company’s growth and profitability.
Salary$100,000 to $115,000
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial Management:
- Oversee the day-to-day financial operations.
- Develop and manage budgets, forecasts, and financial models to guide decision-making.
- Monitor and analyze financial performance, identifying areas for improvement and cost-saving opportunities.
- Accounting and Reporting:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards, tax regulations, and other financial reporting requirements.
- Cost Analysis:
- Conduct cost analysis to evaluate manufacturing processes and identify opportunities for cost reduction and efficiency improvements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement cost-saving initiatives.
- Financial Planning and Strategy:
- Assist in short and long-term financial planning and strategy development.
- Provide financial insights and recommendations to support strategic decision-making.
- Audit and Compliance:
- Coordinate and manage external audits and compliance reviews.
- Ensure adherence to internal controls and compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Team Leadership:
- Supervise and mentor a team of financial professionals, starting with two senior staff accountants and one accounting clerk.
- Foster a collaborative and results-oriented work environment.
- Financial Systems and Technology:
- Evaluate and implement financial systems and technology solutions to streamline processes and improve accuracy.
- Stay updated on industry best practices and emerging financial technologies.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field; Master's degree or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial management and accounting, with a background in manufacturing or contract manufacturing.
- Strong knowledge of financial principles, regulations, and accounting standards.
- Proficiency in financial analysis, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Experience with ERP software and financial management systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and team management abilities.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy and compliance.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Office Environment at a single manufacturing facility.
- Required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.