This position is responsible to assist in the daily facilities operations, general maintenance. General maintenance and repairs for facilities and facility equipment including but not limited to, plumbing, electrical, basic carpentry, heating and cooling, and other building systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs routine house calls as as assigned by Facilities Lead, Department Director/Supervisor.
- Completes work orders and preventative maintenance request as assigned.
- Responds to Codes as needed.
- Reports stock items for building maintenance to be ordered as needed to department coordinator.
- Performs other duties as requested by Department Supervisor and/or Director as needed.
- Responsible for minor maintenance and repair tasks.
- Responsible for all exterior grounds to including system repairs, general painting, upkeep and related safety issues.
Knowledge and Skills
- Apply your experience and skills to complete maintenance service requests such as repairing drywall, painting, carpentry, etc. as well as heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), and other appliances.
- Assist with organizing, prioritizing, and ensuring that service requests and repairs are made correctly and in a timely manner.
- As a team member, you will assist with turnkey operations by preparing vacant units rent-ready in a timely manner and performing various repairs.
- With your solid maintenance background, you will help in the overall success of the property by repairing and replacing faucets, toilets, and hot water tanks; fixing garbage disposals, dishwashers, refrigerators, and washing machines.
- Fix minor electrical repairs such as power switches, fuses, and wall sockets.
- Comply with all safety standards within OSHA specifications as well as all company guidelines.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Licensing and trade certification in HVAC, Electrical Wiring, or Plumbing is highly desired.
- Must possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to read and write in English at intermediate level to read diagrams, meters, instructions, write reports, etc.
- Use computers for data entry, word processing, spreadsheets, or custom applications.
Education and Experience
- A high school diploma or GED is required; specialized vocational training with a minimum of three (3) years' experience in building and facility maintenance a plus.
- Experience in general labor or maintenance field preferred
- Experience in building/hospital maintenance services preferred
Work Environment/Physical DemandsThe physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work involves walking, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be physically and mentally fit to respond to emergency situations.