Industrial Manufacturing Maintenance Manager
As an Industrial Manufacturing Maintenance Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Custom Veterinary Services professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Salary$70,000 to $75,000
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement programs involving work safety, electrical, mechanical repair and maintenance of existing manufacturing and industrial equipment.
- Assign, supervise, and verify completion of routine maintenance and operation of physical structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment which contributes to the safe and effective operation of the facility.
- Visually inspects quality of work and assign staff in tasks according to performance and productivity standards.
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Assist as needed in the maintenance, monitoring, and testing emergency and security systems, features like Fire Alarm, CCTV, etc.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet the company's expectations.
- Receive, inventory, maintain records of and repair equipment inventory using in house Maintenance management program.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- Hire, discipline, evaluate, counsel, and train mechanics and facilities staff on correct maintenance procedures, accident prevention and assist in repairs as needed.
- Order material/parts in partnership with purchasing and complete work assignments on time and by a specified date.
- Negotiate contracts as needed with outside vendors in cooperation with management for execution of maintenance work.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Identify potential hazards and enforce personal protective equipment is available and correctly in use.
- Ensure proper records are kept including repair and service records.
- Act as cite liaison on an as needed basis for city/state/federal safety and regulatory agents.
- Maintain safe and healthy working environment.
- Develop innovative ideas to work with industrial manufacturing equipment used in our production area.
- Train and coach employees to improve performance.
- Perform quality control checks on all systems and products
- Other duties as assigned.
Ideal Candidate QualificationsDemonstrates extensive knowledge of and/or a proven record of success in leading or facilitating project management in the areas of manufacturing, preferably in one of the following core industry sectors including, but not limited to:
- Industrial: Automotive; Aerospace; Chemicals; Industrial Manufacturing; or, Construction;
- Technology: Hardware/Electronics; Systems; Software; Semiconductor;
- Life Sciences: Pharma, Bio Pharma, & Specialty Pharma; Medical Device, Medical Technology & Diagnostics; Generics; or, Animal Health; and,
- Consumer Markets: Food & Beverage; Goods.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Role model ability, leading a team, ready to roll up your sleeves and do what is needed to provide the best service with a problem-solving mentality.
- Meticulous attention to detail and data driven with the ability to influence different departments to suggest, implement and track Custom Veterinary Services standards.
- Considerable knowledge of Mechanical, Pnematics, Hydraulics, Electrical, industrial manufacturing equipment and Plumbing systems with the ability to analyze their design and intent and performance.
- Considerable knowledge of construction and building systems.
- Ability to analyze trends in utility consumption report and predict energy forecast.
- Ability to be a positive change champion for Custom Veterinary Services, identifying key impact areas and priorities and supporting change programs and strategies.
- Ability to perform duties in confined space and in awkward positions.
- Ability to remain calm in an emergency and to effectively deal with internal and external personnel.
- Ability to translate technical information or problems into layman’s terms, Well presented, professional individual with a can-do, positive attitude that indulges in team success
- Knowledge in environmental legislation with strong exposure to Quality Standards and Quality Systems
- Flexibility (different shifts - night, weekends, holidays)
- Experience in any or all the following systems such as Industrial, Commercial, Refrigeration & HVAC, Industrial Kitchen Appliances and General Maintenance Engineering.
- Degree in engineering, facility management or equivalent preferred
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an Industrial Maintenace Manger in manufacturing, pharmaceutical, or food industries.
- Bachelor degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineer.