This position is responsible for assisting in the daily maintenance operations. The ideal candidate is also responsible for the direct supervision of the maintenance staff; general maintenance and repairs for manufacturing equipment including but not limited to, heavy machinery, electrical troubleshooting of equipment.
Salary$25 - $28
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs regular payroll duties for all staff.
- Supervises maintenance system to keep control of all work orders and assign them accordingly.
- Completes work orders and preventative maintenance request as assigned.
- Responds to Codes as needed.
- Responsible for training staff of existing and new machines.
- Reports stock items for mechanical maintenance to be ordered as needed to department coordinator.
- Performs other duties as requested by Maintenance Manager as needed.
- Responsible for minor maintenance and repair tasks.
- Responsible for all exterior grounds to including system repairs, general painting, upkeep and related safety issues.
Knowledge and Skills
- Apply your experience and skills to complete maintenance service requests such as repairing heavy machinery, electrical troubleshooting of equipment, assessment of equipment.
- Assist with organizing, prioritizing, and ensuring that service requests and repairs are made correctly and in a timely manner.
- As a team member, you will assist with turnkey operations by providing analyzing existing equipment, providing solutions to current machine problems.
- With your solid maintenance background, you will help in the overall success of the property by supervising staff on repairing and replacing machines, troubleshooting, changing equipment, etc.
- Comply with all safety standards within OSHA specifications as well as all company guidelines.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Must possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to read and write in English/Spanish at intermediate level to read diagrams, meters, instructions, write reports, etc.
- Use computers for data entry, word processing, spreadsheets, or custom applications.
Education and Experience
- A high school diploma or GED is required; specialized vocational training with a minimum of three (3) years' experience in building and facility maintenance a plus.
- Experience in general labor or maintenance field preferred
- Experience in building/hospital maintenance services preferred
Work Environment/Physical DemandsThe physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work involves walking, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be physically and mentally fit to respond to emergency situations.