The Plant Manager will be responsible for 0verseeing, supporting and executing a long-term strategy that ensures the bet value for CVS and our customers by leveraging in-house capabilities. Plan, direct and coordinate operations in support of CVS’s growth. Reduce product costs through productivity and quality improvements. Facilitate attainment of production schedules. Oversee and ensure safety standards are established, executed, deliver the expected results.
Salary$100,000 - $120,000
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, collaborate and direct technical resources in activities to:
- Upgrade existing processes
- Implement changes or systems for new product
- Implement changes or systems required to insure product and process quality
- Build in-house technical and process capability
- Collaborate with all other areas of CVS to leverage expertise and capabilities in the pursuit of the mission & goals.
- Evaluate and develop the leaders and team members including training and succession planning to develop current and future leaders.
- Direct team members to deliver CVS safety, quality, service and people standards.
- Oversee operations and work with direct reports on the development of tools and processes that drive continuous improvement.
- Promotes a culture of internal and external customer focus.
- Conduct timely performance reviews.
- Create a strong teamwork environment throughout the plant and support the retainment and recruiting of key positions.
- Direct management of performance to budget.
- Develop capital spending plans for process improvement and new products / processes.
Knowledge and Skills
- Quality, production, safety and material control skills
- Proven leadership / management experience
- Budget establishment and budget maintenance skills
- Strong technical / engineering mentality
- Demonstration of Continuous Improvement skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, operations management, or business required
- 7-10 yrs experience in the food, nutraceutical or pharmaceutical manufacturing industry.
- Pet food / pet supplement experience a plus.
- Lean / Six Sigma Manufacturing experience a plus.
Work Environment/Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required and possess the ability to do the following: Sitting, Standing or Walking
- The employee is regularly standing for prolonged periods of time (10 hours) at a assigned room and working on a computer. The employee is frequently sitting and/or walking.
- The employee is regularly talking and/or hearing.
- The employee is regularly lifting, pushing and/or pulling up to 15 pounds. The employee is frequently lifting, pushing and/or pulling up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Ability to adjust focus.
- A mix of Office and Facility (Plant) Environment at single manufacturing facility.
- Required to sit and type on a keyboard occasionally.
- Walking is required during the day.
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull up to 50lbs.