QA & QC Inspectors
The responsibility of the Quality Assurance or Quality Control Inspector is to receive, inspect, approve, release all manufactured products at Custom Veterinary Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows Quality Control Manager’s direct instructions.
- Follows all cGMP’s and SOP’s.
- Works closely with Planning and Production.
- Inspects Incoming (as required) and Outgoing trucks.
- Issues Label Deviations based on information received from Production Planning when required.
- Helps in EMP (Environmental Monitoring Program) sampling. Prepares samples and documentation (Chain of Custody) for machinery, equipment, rooms, personnel, and other facility items.
- Participates in other Quality activities as needed.
- Proactively manage safety by ensuring compliance with all Federal and State regulations and internal Company policies.
- Ensure unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
- Incumbent may be asked to provide other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices) in Pharma, Food or Cosmetic industry a plus.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Word and Excel a minimum.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Computer literate.
- Bi-Lingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Commitment to lifelong learning.
- Strong detail and organization orientation.
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency without compromising quality.
- Must be able to lift packages under 40 pounds occasionally.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent a minimum.
- Control & Issuance in Pharma, Food or Cosmetic industry a plus.
Work Environment/Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required and possess the ability to do the following: Sitting, Standing or Walking
- The employee is regularly standing for prolonged periods of time (10 hours) at a assigned room and working on a computer. The employee is frequently sitting and/or walking.
- The employee is regularly talking and/or hearing.
- The employee is regularly lifting, pushing and/or pulling up to 15 pounds. The employee is frequently lifting, pushing and/or pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Ability to adjust focus.
- A mix of Office and Facility (Plant) Environment at single manufacturing facility.
- Required to sit and type on a keyboard occasionally.
- Walking is required during the day.
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull up to 50lbs.