The Quality Assurance (QA) Supervisor will oversee the in-process activities of the quality assurance department and staff, developing, implementing, and maintaining a system of quality and reliability in all areas of operations.
Salary$18 - $22
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor production work areas to manage overall product to meet all Customer, Consumers, State, FDA, USDA and quality objectives.
- Regularly inspect production lines to identify and resolve any quality or sanitation issues.
- Supervise inspections for sanitation effectiveness and environmental monitoring.
- Supports plant sanitation (EMP) and food safety audits according to program, including with visitors from our customer food manufacturing companies, the Food and Drug Administration or the State Dept.
- Organize and coordinate Quality Assurance coverage to all in-process operations activities.
- Train appropriate personnel in technical quality skills to support production areas.
- Supports the quality department on the design of written food safety, operating procedures (SOPs) and enforce compliance with HACCP, FSMA and other regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of all phases of the manufacturing / packaging process and the quality criteria affecting each area.
- Lead a team of 5 to 10 team members (QA Inspectors) to achieve quality metrics in a manner consistent with our mission and values.
- Proactively manage safety by ensuring compliance with all Federal and State regulations and internal Company policies.
- Ensure unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Access, Excel).
- Must be able to comprehend Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and guidance documents and apply critical thinking skills to evaluate documentation requirements.
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions.
- Knowledge of weights and measures and the ability to compare them.
- Knowledge of finished blends and raw materials preferred.
- Some mechanical experience preferred.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Bi-Lingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Strong detail orientation
- Innovative, resourceful, and solutions-oriented thought leader
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency without compromising quality
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with various manufacturing and staff departments at the plant, and with groups outside the plant, (other plants personnel, division Quality, vendors)
Education and Experience
- High school diploma, Associate degree or equivalent industry experiences preferred.
- 3 years’ minimum experience in supervision role working in manufacturing environment for pharmaceutical, nutritional, or veterinary products.
- Strong knowledge of GMPs and their application
Work Environment/Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required and possess the ability to do the following: Sitting, Standing or Walking
- The employee is regularly standing for prolonged periods of time (10 hours) at a assigned room and working on a computer. The employee is frequently sitting and/or walking.
- The employee is regularly talking and/or hearing.
- The employee is regularly lifting, pushing and/or pulling up to 15 pounds. The employee is frequently lifting, pushing and/or pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Ability to adjust focus.
- A mix of Office and Facility (Plant) Environment at single manufacturing facility.
- Required to sit and type on a keyboard occasionally.
- Walking is required during the day.
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull up to 50lbs.