Quality Assurance (QA) Manager
The Quality Assurance (QA) Manager will oversee the activity of the quality assurance department and staff, developing, implementing, and maintaining a system of quality and reliability testing for the organization’s products and/or development processes.
Salary$75,000 to $85,000
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and assist the Senior QA Manager manage daily activities of the Quality Assurance Department.
- Develops, implements, and manages processes to ensure that products meet required specifications for quality, function, and reliability prior to delivery.
- Identifies and sets appropriate quality standards and parameters for CVS products.
- Communicates quality standards and parameters to QA team, product development team, and other appropriate staff.
- Perform in-process investigations and support cross functional departments in determination of Root causes and CAPAs
- Coordinates in-process testing and inspections.
- Identifies and analyzes issues, defects, and other problems, particularly when problems recur in multiple products; recommends and facilitates solutions to these issues.
- Reviews client, customer, and user feedback and implement documentation changes as required.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, local, and organizational laws, regulations, guidelines, and policies.
- Demonstrate leadership by ensuring the continuous improvement of the In-Process Quality at CVS main site, and warehouses.
- Ensure key performance indicators measure progress against quality objectives.
- Monitor, communicate and act on any emerging regulatory and compliance trends.
- Works with Executive Management to set goals and objectives, determine policy and strategic direction, and assists in site management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving, strong understanding of cGMP.
- Excellent understanding of Quality principles, industry practices, and standards with demonstrated ability to apply these to GMP operations at CMOs and Suppliers.
- Excellent English verbal and writing skills are required.
Education and Experience
- Minimum BA/BS in life sciences (Biology, Chemistry), Advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of ten (5) years of experience in manufacturing of veterinary product, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, Food or Dietary Supplement industry with increasing levels of responsibility is required.
Work Environment/Physical DemandsWork Environment/Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required and possess the ability to do the following: Sitting, Standing or Walking
- The employee is regularly standing for prolonged periods of time (10 hours) at a assigned room and working on a computer. The employee is frequently sitting and/or walking.
- The employee is regularly talking and/or hearing.
- The employee is regularly lifting, pushing and/or pulling up to 15 pounds. The employee is frequently lifting, pushing and/or pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Ability to adjust focus.
- A mix of Office and Facility (Plant) Environment at single manufacturing facility.
- Required to sit and type on a keyboard occasionally.
- Walking is required during the day.
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull up to 50lbs.