Quality Control Inspector
The responsibility of the Quality Control Inspector is to receive, inspect, approve, release, raw materials, components, and control all labels for multiple products.
Salary$16 per hour
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows Quality Control Manager’s direct instructions.
- Follows all cGMP’s and SOP’s.
- Receives all labels and organizes Label Room per Manager’s instructions.
- Inspects all labels against Masters.
- Approves/Rejects all incoming labels.
- Releases to Production Labels per Production Packaging Records.
- Works closely with Planning and Production.
- Inspects Incoming (as required) and Outgoing trucks.
- Issues Label Deviations based on information received from Production Planning when required.
- Helps in EMP (Environmental Monitoring Program) sampling. Prepares samples and documentation (Chain of Custody) for machinery, equipment, rooms, personnel, and other facility items.
- Participates in other Quality activities as needed.
- Heavy lifting at times, exceeding 40 pounds.
- Proactively manage safety by ensuring compliance with all Federal and State regulations and internal Company policies.
- Ensure unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
- Incumbent may be asked to provide other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices) in Pharma, Food or Cosmetic industry a plus.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Word and Excel a minimum.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Computer literate.
- Bi-Lingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Commitment to lifelong learning.
- Strong detail and organization orientation.
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency without compromising quality.
- Must be able to lift packages under 40 pounds occasionally.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent a minimum.
- Label Control & Issuance in Pharma, Food or Cosmetic industry a plus.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- A mix of Office and Facility (Plant) Environment at single manufacturing facility.
- Required to sit and type on a keyboard occasionally.
- Walking required during the day.
- Heavy lifting at times, not exceeding 40 pounds.