Quality Control Manager
The Quality Control Manager manages the inspection and testing of materials, components and products to ensure adherence toto established quality standards. Proposes corrective actions to improve compliance with quality specifications. Being a Quality Control Manager new and improve quality control methods, procedures and/or standards.
Salary$60,000 to $70,000
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the Quality Control incoming, in-process, and final inspection activities based on business priorities.
- Works directly with leaders in engineering, supply chain, and product line teams to understand material requirements for new product and supplier requirements.
- Manage the Control of Nonconforming Product Process as per the requirements of CVS’s Control of Nonconforming Product Procedure; and initiate follow-up on any corrective action, as required.
- Support the quoting and proposal process by providing labor hours.
- Manage the labels control process.
- Setting the requirements for raw materials from suppliers and monitoring their compliance.
- Supervising inspectors, technicians, and other staff members and providing guidance.
- Keeping accurate documentation and performing statistical analysis.
- Ensure all Quality Control inspectors are trained on their responsibilities and the tasks being performed, and that the training is effective.
- Ensure all Manufacturing Aids and Inspections tools are properly verified, identified and controlled prior being used.
- Provide quality control support data for monthly QMS meetings and any other required data for Management Review Meetings.
- Identify and manage headcount requirements.
- Ensure all quality inspection areas are maintain clean, organized and in compliance with the FOD prevention policies per Company SOPs.
- Ensure all quality inspection activities are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure all Validation activities are completed prior to shipping final product to the customers.
- Initiate Change Requests when errors or required updates are identified on engineering documentation.
- Produce reports regarding nonconformance of products or processes, daily production quality, root cause analyses, or quality trends.
- Support investigation of customer complaints.
- Identify improvements activities associated with the inspection processes.
- Participate in Design Review sessions as required. Provide support to Materials department to resolve suppliers’ quality issues.
- Ensure configuration audits are performed in accordance with CVS’s Management Procedure.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Hire, train, develop, and evaluate employees in a fair and consistent manner in line with company’s equal opportunity employment policies; and
- Provide leadership for the Quality Control team through effective communication, coaching, training, and development.
- Responsible for ensuring all Quality Control employees adhere to company policies and practices related to safety; and
- Make certain to enforce company security policies, reporting security violations, and providing suggestions for improvement.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong attention to detail, observation, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities and changing requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of quality control procedures and legal standards.
- Bilingual, fluent in English and Spanish languages, in both oral and written form, required.
- Strong communication and decision-making skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Leadership abilities and able to identify and resolve problems.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office tools required.
- Proficient in the ability to read and interpret drawings and technical documentation; and
- Ability to work well under pressure and be able to assist in expediting shipments when necessary, working in conjunction with Production and Shipping schedules.
- Ability to foster and promote a positive work environment.
- Ability to perform essential job functions consistently safely and successfully with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Compliance with all personnel policies
Education and Experience
- A bachelor's degree in science or business-based programs.
- Previous experience in production or manufacturing.
- Minimum 5 years of responsibility in quality control management required; within a manufacturing environment required.
- Knowledge and experience with the use of the following industry standards: Pharmaceutical, Food, Pet Products.
- Must have experience using various lab inspection tools, testing equipment.
Work Environment/Physical DemandsPHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to stand or sit and move about the facility. Employee may occasionally lift or move up to 50 lbs.
- Work is usually performed in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Occasional work performed in production setting.