Senior Procurement Manager
The Senior Procurement Manager is responsible for the day-to-day activities of the Purchasing Department. They cultivate and maintain strong relationships with both current and potential vendors, skillfully negotiating contract terms that serve the company’s best interests. Working closely with different departments within the company, they help manage inventory by ensuring all materials required for production are in stock in time to maintain a 95% on-time order status, address overstocked or expiring materials, and are part of the team responsible for inventory accuracy. Additionally, they collaborate with the Product Development and R&D departments to identify opportunities for new product lines and sourcing new materials when needed. The Senior Procurement Manager is responsible for conducting root cause analysis of systemic material shortages and working towards continuous improvement of processes within the department.
Salary$90,000 to $100,000
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather and analyze vendor information and product samples to inform discussions around product lines, pricing, and performance.
- Possess extensive experience in purchasing and supply chain management to ensure efficient operations.
- Implement supply chain strategies that support the business goals and can readily adapt to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, and cost reduction strategies.
- Understand business needs, suppliers’ business drivers, and market conditions to enable fact-based decisions on negotiation strategies. Mitigate and resolve disagreements by proactively anticipating objections and adjusting negotiating approaches as needed. Seek guidance and escalate complex issues as needed.
- Develop coordination procedures between supply chain management and other functional areas, including sales, marketing, accounting, and customer care.
- Responsible for forecasting and demand planning; working with the executive team on annual budgeting process.
- Thoroughly review open purchase orders and work order reports to maintain accurate and up-to-date systems. Develop and maintain department KPIs.
- Drives continuous improvement initiatives and enhances supply chain planning process development by communicating performance standards, developing joint improvement initiatives and actively soliciting formal feedback.
- Consolidate suppliers to better leverage strategic partnerships and foster positive vendor relationships; establish bi-annual vendor meetings and scorecards.
- Collaborate closely with purchasing agents and the accounting department to facilitate the smooth flow of information within the purchasing department and across the organization.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of professional working experience; ideally with ERP / MRP systems
- Strong computer skills, including advanced capability in Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to negotiate and sustain vendor/supplier relationships
- Strong leadership and project management skills
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Work Environment/Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required and possess the ability to do the following: Sitting, Standing or Walking
- The employee regularly sitting for prolonged periods of time and working on a computer. The employee is frequently standing and/or walking.
- The employee is regularly talking and/or hearing.
- The employee is regularly lifting, pushing and/or pulling up to 15 pounds. The employee is frequently lifting, pushing and/or pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Ability to adjust focus.
- A mix of Office and Facility (Plant) Environment at single manufacturing facility.
- Required to sit and type on a keyboard frequently.
- Walking is required during the day.